Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Honourably discharged...

As the machine already had black & grey thread in it, I decided to go ahead and work on stuff that basically, didn't have white backgrounds today. So I have finished joining up some blocks that were made from small squares exchanged with my dyeing list for a discharge swap (which I had bordered in black). I loved all the little squares I received and really wanted to show them off, so decided they had to be a quilt. Details of some of the blocks here and here. I think it wants a border, though - something discharged, of course! This means I will have to discharge some more fabric before I can border it though. Gosh, what a shame .

I also put the borders on a quilt from another block swap - this on on quiltshoppe forum at Delphi - with an autumnal theme (as you might guess). I had thought I hadn't finished joining the blocks, so it was a nice surprise to pull this one out of its basket and find the centre of the top (to the edge of the green) done, and just the orange and autumnal borders to add. I don't have backing for it at the moment, so it will probably wait until next year, after I go to Farnham Maltings (a big fabric sale nearish to where I live, where I usually buy most of my backings) in January. Unless I find something I like in the US, of course, which is possible, though I'd rather buy lots of 1-3 metre pieces than several 5-7 metre ones...

I wonder how long I will be able to go on posting daily? It's only a matter of time until I just don't get to sew - like probably Friday, as my MIL arrives for a long weekend tomorrow evening. If I'm lucky I'll be able to sew a little tomorrow in amidst the housecleaning.

1 comment:

Jules said...

I love your discharge quilt. By the way, I have an Alex, too. Mine is my oldest.