Sunday, August 27, 2006

Itty bitty teeny weeny...pieces to cut

Spent some time this morning cutting out units for more of the Christmas blocks I made a sample of yesterday. I only need about 14 for the swap, but I think I'd like to make 20, so if I cut that many, I'm more likely to get them sewn together... There are quite a few pieces to the block, though it's not that hard to put together. But I'm getting tired of cutting 1.5 inch squares.


I also finally finished putting together some double four patch blocks I had from another swap - this quilt will eventually be used for longarm quilting practice and then be donated to Project Linus. I have a fabric planned for the border, maybe with a thin, plain border first.


Another swap generated a large number of purple based jewel-box type blocks, which I've begun putting together - they are only put together in pairs at the moment (just typed "in paris" - I wish!) but here's a photo of 4 of them together - great secondary effect.

And last but not least, I've put together a bunch of string square blocks into fours for a lap quilt housewarming present for my friend Cathi in Ireland, who is (hopefully) moving on Tuesday. She was supposed to move Friday, but well... As I said to her, if her moving date keeps getting put off, the quilt might be done by the time she moves. It wasn't a great consolation, frankly.

No comments: