Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oriental Lanterns



Amidst the Junior Monopoly, loads of laundry and other demands on my time today (Saturday there was no sewing as there was another kids' poetry festival and a friend to lunch) I did actually manage to put another top together. This is yet another set of swap blocks which have been hanging around forever waiting to be put together. The good news is, this is the LAST SET of blocks from swaps. All the others have been used - a few of those tops still need to be finished and loads of them still need quilting, but there are no more block swap blocks hanging around. (Actually, that might be wrong - there might be half a set of framed batik 4 patches hanging around - I must check that.) I do have one or two more things which need making up, but they aren't swap blocks. Now, of course, they all need quilting!

I also managed to get some binding sewn on to the Drunkard's Path mini quilt, so hopefully will get it stitched down in the next few evenings and then that will be really finished. Woo hoo.

6 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

I have a set of oriental lanterns swap blocks, too! Still haven't decided exactly how I'm going to use them.

sewkalico said...

WOW! You are on a roll!!

Kathy said...

I remember when you were making lanterns for that swap. They are all beautiful and make a great quilt. I'm impressed with all the work you are getting done. Wish I had some of your energy.

Mom

rlbates said...

These are lovely Kate.

Myra said...

So colorful and pretty! You are going to be quilting like a madwoman pretty soon. :o)

mumzy said...

The oriental lanterns pattern is a new one to me but I really like it.